if (Xrm.Page.context.client.getClient() == “Mobile”)
//Write your logic here for Tablets
//Rest of code goes for Web and others.
Methods writeen for CRM may throw errors for Tablets. Sometime they may not throw an error, But they will not return anything.
The following list should help you understand what to expect. For specific details see the developer documentation topics within the Client-side programming reference.
- Using window.alert, window.confirm, window.prompt or any other code that blocks code execution while waiting for a user’s response will not work as expected or will display an error. These methods should not be used in scripts that will be used in CRM for tablets.
- Because tabs displayed in CRM for tablets cannot be expanded or collapsed, code to expand or collapse them will not work and code that is configured for event handlers using these events will not be executed.
- Because web resources and IFRAMES in forms are not displayed in CRM for tablets any of the methods provided to interact with them will not work and code that is configured for event handlers using these for the events called when these items load will not be executed.
- Because CRM for tablets does not provide the ability for a user to switch to different forms, those methods that enable this in the web application will not work.
- Any methods that allow for showing or navigating to related entities in the web application will not work.
- Methods that would refresh the command bar, get dimensions of the view port, or close a form window will not work.
this article has pretty good information about tablets.